Saturday, September 20, 2014

Post number 1... Who am I?

 


If you're reading this you've come to my little corner of the www...

I've played around with the idea of this blog in my head for a while.  Then I added it to my 40 things before 40 list.  And finally here it is. 

So where to from here? What's this blog about? Who am I?

Well at this very moment I intend for this blog to be a mix of random stuff... mumma stuff, cooking stuff, funny stuff, travel stuff, craft stuff, life stuff... anything really... I will probably surprise myself with stuff.   

And who am I?  Well i'm an almost 40 year old single mumma to the most wonderful 3 boys.  It is my pleasure to be their mumma.  My oldest is almost 15, followed by a 9 year old and a 5 year old.  Three different personalities.  My sensitive and thoughtful big boy with just enough attitude to make him a normal teenager, my talented and charismatic middle child and my strong-willed and energetic 5 year old.    These humans have taught me the power of unconditional love. 

I work in travel.   I am passionate about my job.  I love my job, I love my colleagues, I love the industry.  I want to travel everywhere.  I want adventures and memories and photos. 

I'm gluten and dairy free.  Yep, i'm one of 'those' people.  Have been for years.

I like to cook.  I hate to clean up. 

On occasion when the mood strikes me i'm crafty.  I wouldn't say i'm a crafty person, but if I want to do a project I usually will.   I'm very impatient with projects tho.  Want the end result 3 minutes after I start.  If there's a shortcut i'll take it.

I can sew.  I only discovered this last year when I made this.  Something that I don't get time to do but I like it when I do.  Again, impatience is an issue.

I'm addicted to Pinterest.  I love memes and ecards.  I'm a social media fan.   And i've been known to be a fan of the selfie.

My dream house has floorboards, a conservatory and a rose garden.  There's also chickens and ducks and a vege patch.

I like cute dates... with my kids, with my friends...  Hell, i'd even go on a cute date with a man...

I'm the middle child. 

I like make-up. 

My favourite Christmas thing is nutcrackers.  And  a candyland theme.  But Easter is my favourite annual celebration. 

I have a bucket list and girl crushes.

If its pink and pretty and feminine I love it already.   I'm a girly girl.   

I love party planning.  I'm a details girl.  It's all in the details. 

Audrey Hepburn is classic.

My favourite movie is Marie Antoniette.   I have lost count of how many times I have watched it.  I could watch it back to back. 

I swear too much.  I don't drink enough.  I try not to judge.  I will keep your secrets.

And I blog...

I'm a fiercely independent soul, believing strongly in the importance of being whole on your own. But still, I am a hopeless romantic, infatuated with mad, passionate love, and the idea of two souls merging as one. These sides often battle, and they fight hard. And they both refuse to back down.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment