Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's on the bucket list...

 



So I want to start with post with this really cool story...

In April, whilst cruising through Germany, we went to the onboard cinema and the movie playing was 'The Bucket List' starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.  Two terminally ill men escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die... The movie was so inspiring that it inspired me to create my own bucket list blah blah blah...

Ok, only half true...  Only half a really cool story... Yes, we went to the cinema, yes 'the bucket list' was playing... but thats where the story finishes... We didn't watch all the movie and it wasn't really my inspiration HOWEVER I did finish watching the movie after I got home and absolutely loved it... And whilst I had already started a bucket list I did start to think more seriously about it...

So what's on my bucket list huh? 

Travel.  Of course lots of travel.  It's my passion.  So many places to see, so many things to do, so little money to do it... Every week there seems to be somewhere else I want to visit as I hear stories from people who have been there or I read about a destination.  The list is looking a little like this so far...

  • Go salmon fishing in Alaska
  • See the bears at Knight Inlet Lodge
  • Eat macarons from Laduree in Paris
  • Watch the great migration
  • Visit Amish county in Pennsylvania
  • Book the Penthouse Hotel Suite at Beverly Wilshire -Beverley Hills
  • Watch the PBR in the States
  • Cruise the Mississippi on a steamboat
  • Eat at an American diner
  • Take a balloon ride in Cappadocia
  • Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
  • Shop in Singapore
  • Visit Harrods in London
  • Have a white Christmas in Canada

 (Just to name a few... there's so many more that I could add)! 


So apart from travel what else do people put on their bucket list?  What else have I got?

I want to see Ulysses butterflies just for the sheer beauty of them.  I want to see flocks of flamingos just for the thrill of seeing so many pink birds together.  Maybe pat a baby panda.   Let go of a floating lantern... 

Ulysses butterflies - see and photograph this!


I want to own a pink SMEG fridge. ASAP.  I dream about this fridge. 


Own a pink fridge
As if this isnt the most delicious thing!


I also want to:

  • Fly first class at least once.   (I feel this will be my one lifetime splurge)
  • Get tickets to the Ellen show.  Ellen rocks. 
  • Have one of those picture perfect Christmas trees straight from the cover of a home magazine.
  • Have a bonfire party on the beach. (This is the adventurous me).
  • Go to a famous ballet performance.   (This is the cultured me). 
  • Collect every Disney movie DVD.  (This is the immature me).
  • Become a foster parent.  (This is the nuturing me).
  • See my days out in a retirement home (This is the old me).  Bingo on Fridays. 

And to conclude one last simple thing:

Be shut up with a kiss.

I just want to be rambling on and on about nothing in particular and have him look at me and shut me up with a kiss because he can't wait a second longer.  (This is the romantic me).  And if this so happens when I am in the nursing home it better not be on Friday...

Because bingo is serious business...










No comments:

Post a Comment